Special Voices can provide you with practical, plain English legal advice, representation and/or advocacy support on ALL aspects of your family’s NDIS journey, including:
- NOMINEE ARRANGEMENTS – how to become your family member’s legal representative (‘nominee’) for all NDIS purposes, and understand your rights and obligations as a NDIS nominee;
- ACCESS – how to apply for early childhood early intervention (ECEI) support, or an individualised NDIS plan, for your family member;
- PLANNING – how to make the most the NDIS planning process at all stages, including pre-planning; the planning meeting; plan changes; plan reviews; plan implementation; and plan management;
- CHALLENGING NDIA DECISIONS – if you are not happy with a decision made by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), we can support you through the applicable review processes to ensure that your family gets a fair outcome;
- CONTRACTING PROVIDERS – to ensure that service arrangements run as smoothly for your family, we can advise you on how to engage service providers; explain your legal rights and obligations, and that of the provider; draft and/or review service provider contracts; and advise on ongoing contract management issues; and
- RESOLVING PROVIDER ISSUES – if you are not happy with the conduct of a provider, or dissatisfied with their services or supports, we can assist you to resolve the issue quickly and fairly.